Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How do you do Buffy without Joss???


Warner Bros. Rebooting Buffy; Joss Whedon Has "Mixed Emotions":
"I always hoped that Buffy would live on even after my death. But, you know, AFTER...I don't love the idea of my creation in other hands, but I'm also well aware that many more hands than mine went into making that show what it was. And there is no legal grounds for doing anything other than sighing audibly."
At least he has a little sense of humor about it: 
"This is a sad, sad reflection on our times, when people must feed off the carcasses of beloved stories from their youths—just because they can't think of an original idea of their own, like I did with my Avengers idea that I made up myself."
But, seriously, no Joss Whedon, no Sarah Michelle Gellar? I doubt I'll be seeing this movie. I don't see a link yet at IMDB. Can we hope Warner Brothers is not that far along with the project and could still decide not to do it? I'm crossing my fingers.

Disclaimer: Back in the day, I was a big fan of the original Buffy movie and was horrified the WB was going to make a TV series out of it. I had the same "Get your hands off!" reaction I'm having now. So, I might be surprised in the long run, but I will remain doubtful for now. I don't think they can manage to turn me around twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment