Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sigh....but could I do it???

I pop into Ariel Meadow Stallings' Electrolicious blog from time to time and she's got a great idea in today's post. She says "one night a week, I am going to completely unplug from anything with a screen. This means no internet, no sidekick, no watching dvds."

It's a great idea. I think I'm going to try it. I just have to figure out which night works best for me, and my family. It will probably have to be a family thing, or what's the point? Someone else will have the TV or whatever on & my effort will be lost. So maybe the title above should be "But could WE do it?"

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. You know when we lived in Northern Wisconsin we set aside Wednesdays as our no electric lights day. It was very interesting. We opened our blinds in the winter evenings and the street light poured into the family room where we were able to see just fine to play games. We also used candles and that was interesting. Candles change the ambiance of the environment to calm and soothing. I'm glad we tried something like this. Makes for interesting thought and conversation. I say go for it. Anything to promote family togetherness.

    ReplyDelete