Monday, January 09, 2012

Lady Grantham's Greatest Hits + White Feathers

A friend posted this on Facebook earlier today. If you like Downton Abbey, you'll get a kick out of this. I just love the Dowager Countess of Grantham, and I don't think anyone but Maggie Smith could have played her.



I watched the first episode of Season Two last night and loved it! If you'd like to read more about the symbolism of the white feathers involved in one scene, check out this post at Jane Austen's World. I was kind of glad I'd read it ahead of time.

2 comments:

  1. Love Maggie & DA! When I turned on our PBS station on Sunday & basketball was on, my brain almost exploded. Luckily Masterpiece Theatre started before that happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I had that same reaction, but I decided not to take chances and switched to a different PBS channel.

      I just realized: DA could be Downton Abbey or Dumbledore's Army :D Either way, Maggie's awesome.

      Delete