Thursday, May 04, 2006

Recently Seen

I've managed to watch a few movies lately (these three were in the span of the past month...how pathetic)

Mrs. Henderson Presents - Judi Dench was in it, so of course it was great.

Whisky Galore! - Got this one from Netflix as "research" - my WIP is based in the Outer Hebrides, and this film is based in the Outer Hebrides. But it was rather full of stereotypes about Scottish people. And being in black and white, I didn't really get a good sense of how the islands look. The film had some cute moments, but it might have been more fun if it had been less full of cliches.

The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) - I laughed my a** off! I've got to see if the script is out there and buy it, because I couldn't keep up with all the crazy quotes I wanted to write down. For instance, "Juliet's" line "A nose by any other name would still smell." I didn't get to go when the Nebraska Shakespeare Festival did this a few years ago, so I was excited to find the DVD featuring the original cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment