Thursday, August 11, 2005

Vacation - Day Two

We saw lots of things today and didn't even leave Rapid. This morning we went to Prairie Edge, a store downtown with oodles and oodles of Native American-themed things. I bought two Paul Goble books I've wanted for awhile and a couple postcards. The gallery was full of gorgeous artwork - I'll have to organize my notes and find the artists' websites for a later post.

When we were done there, we went next door to the Firehouse Brewing Co. It's actually in an old firehouse. The French dip was one of the best I've had in awhile. Dan and I each tried one of their beers (can't remember which ones, and I can't find my notes)

After that, we went to Rapid City's Harley-Davidson dealership, where we saw gobs and gobs of Harleys. I even got a shirt to wear to Sturgis tomorrow (if it doesn't rain all day). We left the dealership just before the rain started. After that, we went to the Civic Center and saw MORE Harleys - good thing that was inside, because it poured while were were there. I think Ashley is hooked on Harleys now - we'll realize what a monster we created when she's sixteen, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment